Wrexham Fostering Service is a registered service that provides foster placements for children and young people from Wrexham who are aged up to their 18th birthday, although some young people will remain with their carers beyond their 18 birthday.
The placements we provide include long and short term, respite including respite for children with disabilities and those with friends and family. We also provide therapeutic placements with foster carers who are approved as therapeutic carers.
The aim of the service is to provide a high quality service to looked after children and young people to support them to achieve positive outcomes and to have high aspirations for their future.
We have over 100 approved foster carers who are committed to the children they care for and who work well with birth families, social workers and education.
The role of the Fostering Team is to:
- Recruit and assess foster carers
- Approve and review foster carers’ approval every year
- Complete Family and Friends assessments jointly with the childcare teams
- Provide support and training and regular supervision to carers
- Match children and young people to foster carers
- Work closely with the childcare social work teams to ensure that foster carers are fully supported in meeting the needs of children and young people in their care
Tel: 01978 295316