18th November 2021 3pm -7.30pm @ Ty Pawb Market Street Wrexham LL138BB
Activities and entertainment are free and will be on from 3pm until 7.30pm and is open to all ages.
- Competition – ‘What does having a voice mean to you?’ See further details below. Judging starts at 5.15pm.
- Speeches– come and hear our speeches from young people and professionals, learn about children’s rights.
- Market stalls– information stalls for families, children and young people, pick up some freebies!! 3pm – 6pm
- Free Food – Hungry? There will be free food available from 4pm until 6pm, this is a ticket system and will be first come first served basis.
- Play sessions– have fun in our designated play area while developing cognitive, critical thinking, & motor skills
- Festival faces– who doesn’t like a bit of glitter?? 4pm – 7pm
- Walk around magic with Ian – watch how Ian does tricks in front of your eyes, can you see how he does it? 4.30pm – 6.30pm
- Circus skills– Come and watch James show off his circus skills and why not have a go yourself? 4.30pm – 6.30pm
- Infographic – Lisa will be drawing a visual representation of our event, would you like to help her? 4.30pm – 7.30pm
- Open Mic- The local Band ‘Abstract’ will be running an open mic session, come and have a go or have a jam with Abstract members. Why not bring your own instruments? Come and hear Steve Jones and his new single to raise funds for Wrexham CAMHS. 5.40pm – 6.30pm
- Live Music – come and listen to the talented members of Abstract, Steve, Matt, Will and Harry. They will be show casing their musical talents and also performing a fantastic set of well-known covers for you to enjoy. 6.30pm – 7.30pm.
Covid 19 restrictions will be in place during the event and staff will make every effort to ensure precautions are in place to prevent the spread of COVID, for information on the most recent restrictions and guidelines please visit https://gov.wales/coronavirus
Competition – ‘What does having a voice mean to you?’
Terms and Conditions and how to enter.
1- This competition is free to enter
2- The promoter is: Wrexham County Borough Council
3- The competition is open to residents of Wrexham, there will be 3 age categories
• 10 and under
• 11 – 16
• 17 – 25
4 – Only one entry will be accepted per person.
5- Closing date for entry will be 16th November 2021 .After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6 – The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of issues outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
7- The prize is as follows: Vouchers of the winner’s choice. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
8- Winners will be chosen by a panel during the ‘Your Voice in Wrexham’ event on 18th November 2021
9- The winner will be announced during the event, if they are not in attendance they will be notified by either email or phone call within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
10- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
11 – Your entry must not be self-promotional or primarily intended for fundraising purposes
12 -Your entry must not be discriminatory, racist, xenophobic, abusive, sexist, profane or propagating violence.
13- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The competition details and how to enter are as follows:
- Title -What does having a voice mean to you?
- Age categories are 10 and under, 11-16 and 17-25
- First prize £100 in vouchers of your choice.
- Dead line date is 16th November 2021
- Judging will take place on 18th November in the ‘Your voice in Wrexham’ event. Judges will be looking at creativity, technical abilities and the expression of’ What does having a voice mean to you?’ within the entries.
- The competition is to express ‘what does having a voice mean to you?’ in any medium of your choice to include a little explanation of your entry.
Examples of mediums may include:
- Creative writing
- Entrants need to complete the details below and send in with their entry. Either recordings, videos or photos of the entries must to be sent to us before 16th November 2021 either by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp using 07800688979. These can also be displayed or performed at our event on 18th November if you would like to.
|Age Please also state age group you are entering 10 and under, 11-16 or 17-25|
|Contact email and phone number (Parent/carer if appropriate)|
|Please tick to confirm you live or have a connection to Wrexham|
|Medium, which medium is your entry in?|
|Vouchers, if you are lucky enough to be our first prize winner where would you like the vouchers for?|
- If you would like any further information please contact us on email@example.com or phone Caroline 07800688979, Tricia 07800688985 or Jane 07808787777.
We are looking forward to seeing you at our event and your competition entries.